Cycling starts a new trend in almost all circles, especially in big cities that are vulnerable to congestion and air pollution. Increasingly, the volume of vehicles is increasing. So in almost all societies increasingly become aware of efforts to reduce the volume of motor vehicles, reduce air pollution and also self-awareness for a healthier life.
1. Bicycles help shape the body and provide energy. When cycling movements performed helped shape, strengthen and tighten the thigh, calf muscles and the pelvic region. Addition of fat in this area will be reduced and replaced by muscle.
2. Also helps to reduce cellulite on thighs, and reduce stress on the knee and ankle compared with other activities such as walking or aerobic exercise.
3. Cycling helps blood circulation which is rich in oxygen and nutrients to all the muscles throughout the body. The study says people who cycled less exposed to air pollution from the people who ride in motor vehicles. This is possible because people in the bike breathe more regularly and inhale more oxygen.
4. Cycling is believed to increase the body’s protection against various diseases such as diabetes because it helps you lose weight and avoid high blood pressure.
5. Cycling provides a positive effect on our feelings and moods. Cycling can reduce depression, strees, improve mood and motivate ourselves. With cycling we can see the environment around more carefully, socialize with the environment, enjoying the scenery and fresh air. The bonus of all is health.
6. Cycling good for cardio health (heart), bike exercise can help improve heart health, thereby reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
In order to gain the maximum benefit and avoid injury, several things must be considered:
• Make sure important parts of the bike such as brakes and tires in a safe condition so it will not cause accidents.
• To avoid risk of injury, do a little warming, especially to stretch the muscles of the lower part like the hips, thighs and calves.
• As an addition to safety while biking, you can wear protector equipment such as helmets or hats, shoes, socks, gloves, goggles or other equipment needed.
• When you start pedaling, do it first with a slow speed for 5-10 minutes as a way to warm up and adjust a bicycle.
• When riding a bike, get your pedals one full turn.
• Speed recommended for health is 27 km/h and 70 wheel revolutions per minute (rpm)
• Better cycling on bicycle track / pedestrian path on the sidewalk, in order to avoid the accident (risk of getting hit by motor vehicles)
• After cycling, do bike cool down by pedaling slowly for approximately 10 minutes